Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Lunatics Inc. (vol. 11)

How the G.O.P. Allied Itself With Militants - The New York Times

February 10, 2021, Norman cohen <ishahrofah@gmail.com>:

New York Times?

I now apologize to toilet paper.


                                  Norman



I wrote:

Seriously?! Is this how you relate to a medium that gives you reports, albeit biased, and a variety of opinions?

I made the habit to read media which comes from the opposite side of politics from me, as long as they have just a few decent writers.

So, if you can't find even a few pieces worth reading, in the world's leading newspaper -

Then you really belong not to a different planet (which is still in this part of the universe) - but to a part of the universe where all known physical laws cease to operate.

(It's called a Black Hole, look it up).

BTW, when you cross the Horizon of Events of the Hole, you don't feel anything wired (like you are now), but nonetheless your clock ticks much slower compared to us. Plus, you are doomed.

Cheers,

Avner E.



February 10, 2021, Norman cohen <ishahrofah@gmail.com>:

I think I'm a lot older than you and know when to avoid garbage.

i get other points of view from places that don't dress up a pig to look like a chicken.


                                              Norman



I wrote:

Be careful, collection of garbage comes with age.

This, and the disability to handle intellectual challenges, and answer simple questions.


Cheers,

Avner E.



February 10, 2021, Norman cohen <ishahrofah@gmail.com>:

Then you really belong not to a different planet (which is still in this part of the universe) -

but to a part of the universe where all known physical laws cease to operate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, Mr. Efendowicz,

      My place in shamayim is all ready and waiting for me.

 The spiritual world.


                                         Norman



I wrote:

Oh, I'm really sorry. I didn't know that you were a Tzaik of this scale.

I will not argue with you any more, now that I realized that I'm not allowed within 4 Amot from you.

Nonetheless, may you live long and healthy, before 120.


Cheers,

Avner E.



February 10, 2021, Norman cohen <ishahrofah@gmail.com>:

Thank you for your good wishes, Mr. Efendowicz, biz a hoondered und tzvantzig yohr.

Please spell tzaddik correctly.

    With two d's because the dalet has a dagesh.

Also a source of double letters in relevant Italian.

I'm also a Kohen (Kane in the Litvak dialect, like Citizen Kane).

      I need to get closer to bless you, unless I'm duchaning.

We have Persian shuls here, so I can duchan every day if I want to.

      The Persian shuls have plenty of Kohanim.


                                  Norman



I wrote:

I don't care for Jewish racism and patronizing.

I only see human beings, and you are no better than anyone else.

The concept of Kohanim is an artifact of a primitive and extinct society.

Nonetheless, I bless you with the Birkat Kohanim (which I'm not allowed to, but I bless my sons every time, my right hand on their heads - I'm leftist and left-handed - despite being a devout Atheist):

Ye-va-rekh-e-kha Hashem Ve'Yish-me-re-kha.

Please excuse my old keyboard.

Cheers,

Avner E.



February 10, 2021, Roger's בית בריק <roger@bayitbrick.com>:

Avner, just in case it doesn’t come through in my words, this is lighthearted. בסדר?!!

I’m observant, not for datiyut, but because I love our “extinct” tradition. Agnostic maybe...?! It’s a good question (is there a spirit that has a hand in the universe??) 

Just by way of discussion I would argue that mitzvot keep us as a nation. If there’s a gd I highly doubt he gives a shit if we keep kosher!!

Anyway. I’m a kohen and I love how it allows me to feel that connection to our history. 

“I’m Aaron’s grandson....”

Stay safe. And keep blessing your beautiful boys. 



I wrote:

Thank you Roger.

I had no intention to offend any Cohen or anyone ("some of my best friends...").

I think that you may be confusing Nation with Ethnicity - is it possible?... I think that Judaism is an ethnicity, religion, and used to be a culture (alas, most of it is gone...)

Nation is different - I belong to the Israeli nation (not a big deal), and I'm guessing that you belong to the US nation. Not one better than the other...

The Mitzvot did keep Jews as a society, that's correct. I used to keep as many of them as I could, davening Shakharit and Minkha. I believed that it worked to make me a better person, more moral, restrained, and A Mentch.

But, no offense, I look at those who are the leaders of Judaism today (both in their eyes as well as the seculars ones!), namely the orthodox, and I emphasize - the Leaders, not the individuals - and I came to the conclusion that not Judaism, nor any other religion for that matter, work... So I just stopped.

So, whenever I'm asked to say the Kiddush on friday night (I know it by heart), today I insist on saying my own atheist version, that I keep on me smartphone. It basically praises the real ruler of this cosmos - the guy whom Einstein called "Des Alten" - the Old Man. (s.he is gender-less, anyway).

Take care, and keep up the good cynical spirit!

Cheers,

Avner E


No comments:

Post a Comment