Wednesday, June 3, 2020

My Conversation with Tania, vol. 2

On Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 08:45:08 PM GMT+3, T wrote:

you still mediate?

about a guy who mediated the first two months of the pandemic. and the shock on re-entry

rashba of sorts. also quarantined…




June 3, 2020:

No, I stopped meditating 2 weeks ago (after 7 months of religiously 1 full hour a day).
It was too boring, and didn't seem to work for me.

The idea is great - in order to reduce suffering, one must train the body, not just the mind, with the idea that "anicha" = everything changes. But there could be some other technique to do that. I can't believe that this technique is so unique and one of a kind, that it hasn't changed in ~ 2500 years (or more, as the legend goes) - the same 10 days of silence, with the exact same schedule.

Many devoted members think that they must maintain their technique by attending the same course once a year... The mere thought of me listening to the same pseudo-dramatic voice of the teacher (as nice as he was) - is shocking. I can never go through this again...

75 days?... I would rather eat a Chinese bat alive.

One good thing came out of all this - I'm now 8 months completely vegan (not partially vegetarian as I was before), and I really love it.

Cheers,
Avner E.

No comments:

Post a Comment