Sunday, June 23, 2019

My Dialogue with Abshalon, Part 5

Hello Avner

How is it going for you? I hope that you are well and happy and having a good time and enjoying the Eurovision!

How is your friend Netanyahoo doing? What do you think about his chanced to make and lead the next government? It looks like he will have to thread the needle?  I may be wrong but I wonder how he is going to manage. Lieberman is waiting with a big thorn in his hand!

It seems to me that the Qataries are really trying hard, but here is the riddle: The idea is not really new: like 50 years or so ago the Hamas was offered after the “election” about one Billion $ by the US, EU and the gulf states, and refused, because it did not agree to stop fighting Israel. Now, it will get the Qatary funding while still fighting? Does not it look likely that most of it will be ruined in the following fighting rounds? Which is likely to happen at least due to the Jihad at Al. guys that are motivated by Iran? Strange!

Here, in the US it seems to me that Trump status is in fact improving, mainly because it looks that he was right in few main issues:

His tax changes did improve the economy, even if he went too far, and he caters mainly to the rich.

He is right about to policy towards China: China’s policy towards the US is unacceptable, also because the IP steeling policy that is government supported, in addition to the tariffs.

He was right, as I wrote to you about the wall: it should have been build years ago, but now the situation is “post emergency”: it is too late to do much about it, and the south border is being swamped by immigrants: some of the immigrants are trying to get registered, just to get court orders for like 3-5 years ahead and released, but surely an unknown number pass  unrecorded. Many of them will be involved with the social services, and only future will tell what problems will arise.

Trump policy for Iran is also correct: he is determined to use any necessary means to stop the nuclear ambitions of Iran, and he is also right on that. I feel that this is very important.

Trump is also right on the North Korea policy, I think: since KJU has got the nuclear capability, (which should have been dealt with by former presidents), his only option now is to persuade KJU that he will be well treated, seeing the example of Japan and S. Korea.

So in summary, I feel that we have the best we can get now, and we have just to hope that it will not get too bad. It is unfortunate that he is not a nice person, but after the “do nothing” president, he is doing some very important things.

So I feel that I have written enough for one time, and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Be well and have fun!

Absalon





Hi Absalon,

So it seems that you are quite happy with Trump's presidency. I'm glad that you are, and I wish you the best of luck with it, going forward.

The situation in Israel is very similar, I think. Israel has its own Trump (only much smarter) for PM; So, many people are quite happy with that, they feel that their lives have never been better. Good luck to them, too.

I am fine, but the Euro-vision has just started, so I felt a little sick and I had to flee to another room. Maybe I'll take Advil or something.

Take care,
Cheers,
Avner E.





Hello Avner,

I hope that you are OK now.

How did you like the Eurovision? I watched some of it, and it must have been a lot of fun. I wonder if the government could not have intervened to force the hotels et al to avoid gauging prices. As I understand this caused quite a lot of loss to the hotels owners, and subsequently to the country, but eventually it was very successful, and this is the important thing. Hopefully it will be done better next time. I think that clearly, the Israel song did not have enough rhythm, and you can not win just with a nice tune.

I have noticed an interesting phenomena about the connection between the weather in Israel and here: it looks like many times, the weather here is following the weather in Israel with a lag of about one day. It is not an exactly so, but many times is about right. Is there an explanation for this? I have been following this quite consistently recently. It seems also that the weather has become much more windy, which causes floods and sever storms, and probably is a main factor in the north pole worming. In some parts in the US, it is so bad, that I wonder how the people living there can cope.

My following riddle is in regard to what is happening in Israel about the elections: it looks like Netanyahoo is not popular in the Kneset, so he could not construct a government. However, he did have a lot of support when he wanted to disperse the Kneset, in order to prevent from the president to intervene, so he could have another chance. How come? If he failed to do this, then the president could have appointed another delegate to make the new government. So, it looks like the other  delegate can not decide whether they like him or not? Strange!, or am I missing something?

And the last one: what is happening with the “hasdara” at the Gaza border? Do you think it is working?

In the US, as you may know, the president is continuing to make news. The fight between him and Pelosi has reached new heights. The numbers of immigrants is getting to about 144,000 in the last month, and this includes only the legal ones. I wonder how many more, and maybe many bad people have entered illegally. So you can understand the magnitude of the disaster. I just can not believe that Trump could not have managed to find a way to have a more logical discussion to persuade the Democrats about the necessity of the wall.

So it seems to me that I have written enough, and I look forward for you to enlightening me.

Best regard
Absalon




Hi Absalon,

I did not watch the Eurovision. To be honest, for all I care, it could have been canceled due 

to Palestinian pressure, and I wouldn't mind. Actually, I would be glad if it turned out this way, since I think that it is cruel to celebrate in Tel-Aviv while the Palestinians are fighting their just war against Israel.

Netanyahu is still a magician to me, and he manages to turn all things around for his personal benefit. He doesn't care at all about the well being of the Stare, otherwise he would resign already. He is the worst Israeli prime minister ever, and this said while the competition for this title is VERY tough (meaning, most Israeli PMs were bad).

And his wife is a low-life bitch, who stole at least 375K Shekels form the state, and got away with only 55K. And they are still complaining about the verdict. I think that the Israeli judicial system is at an all-time low position, cooperating with this criminal couple, who are constantly working to take this country down.

So you think that the immigration is the US biggest challenge?... I think not. The fact that you guys have a stupid red-neck for a president, who can't tell his right from his left, will prove to be a colossal disaster. Let's see. I hope that I'm wrong.

Take care.
Cheers,
Avner E.

No comments:

Post a Comment