Wednesday, February 8, 2006

In response to "Anti-semitism Now," an article by Irit Linoor




Irit Linoor, a very articulate and ex-Leftist Israeli journalist and a public figure, published this in Ynet:
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3212503,00.html

Here is the Hebrew version:
http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-3211771,00.html

I don't agree with Linoor, although she makes very good points. I didn't think about some of the points she raised (the suits being inspired by Tarantino, or "the last supper"), but they are very good points.
But the main theme of her article is wrong, I think. What difference does it make if it's a Palestinian movie or not? Is a Palestinian who lives in Holland any less Palestinian than we are Israelis?
The suicide bombers are criminals, but not Nazis. The movie is not anti-semitist, it's a great movie about the tragedy of the occupation. Linoor has decided long ago that there is no partner, and this is her right. But I don't agree that you can't sympathies with terrorists. I can sympathize with Dan Halutz or GW Bush... who are far worse than any Hamas terrorist.
But I admit that I cannot compete with her expressions skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment