Below is another response to yet another article I received by email, from Mr. Steven Shamrak.Mr. Shamrak is a very knowledgeable individual, who runs a very patriotic "pro-Israeli" web site (from
I embedded my humble response to his claims, marked with yellow highlighting. I hope that you find this interesting, maybe even entertaining.
Arab-Israel Conflict – Forgotten Facts! – Intro1
The term "Palestinian" is itself a masterful twisting of history. To portray themselves as indigenous, Arab settlers adopted the name of an ancient Mediterranean tribe, the Philistines (“Invaders” in Hebrew),
This is BS. There is no connection between "Plishtim" and "Polshim".
1. Nationhood and
2. Since 1272 B.C.E. the Jews have had dominion over the land for up to 1,000 years with a continuous Jewish presence in the land for the past 3,300 years.
3. The only Arab dominion since the Arab invasion and conquest in 635 C.E. lasted no more than 22 years.
4. King David founded the city of
7. Jews pray facing
Don’t confuse Muslims with Palestinians. Many Palestinians are Christians. How is this relevant?
15. Did you know that
Did you know that the
How is this relevant? The only thing that matters is - that there were Palestinians in the land before the Zionists came.
16. In 1947, the Jewish state huddled on 18% of the original British Mandate land. The Jews accepted it gratefully. The Arabs rejected it with a vengeance and seven Arab states immediately declared war against
That is actually True.
17. In 1948, the Arab refugees were encouraged to leave
Not entirely true. Arab leaders did urge them to leave, but many were forced to leave by the Zionist forces.
18. Some 850,000 Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab countries, due to Arab brutality, persecution and pogroms.
They don't want to go back there, they don't see them as their homes.
19. The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in 1948 is claimed to be around 630,000 (where did they get this number?) maybe from the same source which gave you the number 1272 B.C. (nobody knows that for sure).
Propagandists of the whole World, Unite!
24. There is only one Jewish state. There are 60 Muslim countries, including 22 Arab nations.
This is like saying that there are 105 Christian countries, and 10 English-speaking nations.
You are nothing but a racist if you include all Muslims in the same category.
25. The PLO's Charter still calls for the destruction of the State of Israel.
26. Pan-Arabism or the doctrine of Muslim Caliphate declares that all land that used to belong to Muslims must be returned to them. Thus,
Excellent example of how irrelevant all this is. Is there a war between